Where is ZIPStream Aerial Adventure located?
- ZIPStream Aerial Adventure is located at Ruby Falls 1720 S. Scenic Hwy. Chattanooga, TN 37409.
What are the height, weight and physical requirements for the course?
- Due to the nature of the activities at ZIPStream, participants need the mobility to independently walk short distances over uneven terrain, climb stairs and have functional use of both hands and feet.
- The Climbing Tower does not have a height or weight requirement.
- Tower ZIP Ride participants must weigh between 60 - 275 lbs. Participants are weighed at check-in. Weight is not visible to other guests.
- Pregnant guests may not participate without providing a doctor’s release that specifically approves the activities at ZIPStream Aerial Adventure.
- Anyone under the influence of a substance that impairs judgement will not be allowed to participate. This includes but is not limited to alcohol, drugs and prescribed medications.
Is ZIPStream open year-round?
- ZIPStream is open seasonally, check website for details.
Can I just show up or do I have to make a reservation in advance for ZIPStream?
- We recommend purchasing your ticket in advance. However, if that isn’t possible or you prefer being spontaneous, you can just show up and we’ll do our best to get you on the course as quickly as possible.
How much time should we allow?
- Plan to allow approximately 30 - 45 minutes on the course plus time to check-in, receive safety instructions, return equipment at check-out and retrieve your personal belongs. If you are visiting with a larger group, it may take a bit longer on the course and to check-in.
Are there clothing and shoe restrictions or recommendations?
- Closed-toe, closed-heel shoes are required. Keen, FiveFinger, hiking style sandals and sandals of any type are not permitted on the course.
- Participants should wear clothing that allows for easy movement and comfort. Long hair should be in a ponytail or similar style and jewelry removed.
- For your safety and the safety of those below you, personal items such as wallets, cells phones, keys, etc. will be placed in a basket at check-in and retrieved at check-out.
Is there a place to wait while my friends are on the course if I’m not participating?
- The ZIPStream deck features a shady spot to pass the time with tables and chairs, a restroom and vending machines with cool drinks. There is a great gift shop at Ruby Falls that is fun to explore, and food options are available at Ruby Falls if you get hungry – all just a very short walk from the ZIPStream deck.
Do I need to sign a waiver to participate or for my children to participate?
- All participants must sign a waiver prior to beginning the course. A parent or guardian is required to sign the waiver for participants under the age of 18. To expedite your check in, please complete the online smart waiver form prior to arrival.
Can we take pictures on the course?
- Only cameras designed to be directly and securely attached to the harness or helmet, such as a GoPro, are permitted on the course. Cell phones must be in a zipped pocket or stored at check-in. SLR/DSLR and handheld video cameras are not allowed on the course at any time.
- For the safety of both you and those below you, all personal items (wallet, keys, cameras that do not fit the criteria, etc.) need to be placed in the provided bin or left in your car prior to entering the course and retrieved at check-out.
- Damage to any personal items on the course are the sole responsibility of participants. Please note that items dropped from the course, including cell phones, are NOT RETRIEVABLE.
What is the Inclement Weather Policy?
- In the event of thunder and lightning, the course will close until conditions improve and it is safe to return to the course.
- Instead of refunds, a rain check will be provided. We hope you’ll join us when the weather clears up – which is usually pretty quickly in East Tennessee!
Can children participate without an adult?
- Children age 10 and under may participate if accompanied by an adult on the course.
- Children age 11 and older do not need to be accompanied on the course by an adult. All children under 18-years old need a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
Is the course inspected? By Whom?
- The ZIPStream Aerial Adventure course is inspected annually by The Adventure Guild, as required by industry standards. The Adventure Guild is an accredited challenge course vendor with the Association for Challenge Course Technology. In addition to our annual inspection, the course is inspected daily before opening by a trained and qualified lead staff, and a monthly inspection is undertaken and documented by the course manager.
What is The Adventure Guild?
- The Adventure Guild is a full-service adventure company specializing in
- Challenge course, zip line, aerial adventure course, via ferrata and climbing wall/tower construction
- Technical staff training for challenge course, zip line, aerial adventure course via ferrata and climbing wall/tower
- Ropes course and team building programs
- Rock climbing guiding and instruction
Are there ZIPStream Aerial Adventure courses in other cities?
- The ZIPStream Aerial Adventure at Ruby Falls is the flagship location for the ZIPStream brand. For other locations, please visit www.zipstreamaerialadventures.com.
How does the installation of ZIPStream impact the environment?
- ZIPStream utilizes installation techniques designed to minimize impact on trees that host the course. Bolting or other intrusion into the living tissue of the tree is kept to an absolute minimum to protect the health of the trees over the long and short term.
- Course trees are inspected prior to installation and annually by a certified arborist to ensure ongoing tree health.