Human Resources Assistant
Perform and coordinate the office's administrative activities including, but not limited to storing, retrieving, and integrating information for dissemenation to staff and managers. Provides administrative support to Human Resources Manager on all personal matters.
- Word processing and typing skills
- Communication skills including verbal, listening, reading and writing
- Problem solving and reasoning skills
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills based on the standards of Southern Highland Attractions
- Confidentiality of company personnel and business related records
- High level computer skills/technical savvy
- Attentiveness to detail
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
Tasks and Duties
- Serve as a communication hub through sending out emails, memos, and appropriate correspondence on a variety of matters.
- Attend most meetings to remain in the know, take meeting notes and distribute, follow up.
- Conduct office work such as filing, data entry and maintaining general spreadsheets.
- Conduct orientations and training
- Verify I-9 documentation and maintains books current.
- Answer phones, become the official "operator"
- Track applicants
- Schedule and assist with interviews.
- Return calls and emails regarding employment
- Prepare operational documents and make copies (training materials, cleaning sheets, desk sheets, etc)
- Help distribute uniforms and replacement name badges
- Coordinate office services needed such as phones, copiers
- Correspond with former employees to mail checks, claim un-returned uniforms
- Attend local career fairs and assist with recruitment
- Assists with various research projects and/or special projects
- Enter schedules and missed punches
- Collect and enter all new hire paperwork
- Track Attendance
- Coordinate Wellness and Health Fairs
- Remain up to date with ACA and other changes in Human Resources
- Train and work in other front line positions (Tour Guide, Cashier, etc)
- Other duies as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Related Field preferred or
- Minimum Associates Degree in Business related field or 2+ years of work experience in administrative or Human Resources support role.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have an acceptable driving record.
Below are descriptions of some of the available positions we have at Ruby Falls. Please read through all of the descriptions before clicking Apply Now at the bottom of this page.
Every employee is expected to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests. All positions require the ability to speak English; ability in a foreign language is an asset. A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required if not currently enrolled in high school.
Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers with purchases, stocking, maintaining the cleanliness of designated area, keeping designated area organized, providing directional information, answering customer questions, and following established procedures.
Cashiers must be able to work with a computerized point of sale program. They must be able to make accurate change. They must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift, to lift and carry 10 to 20 pounds, to bend and stoop to restock displays. Cashiers are required to clean and dust shelves, to vacuum the floors and to help with restroom cleaning.
Food service employees are responsible for safely preparing menu items both cooked and uncooked abiding by all Tennessee Department of Health requirements, maintaining cleanliness and organization of all refrigerators and freezers, putting up food orders, using slicing tools, oven, grill and fry baskets, and following established procedures. Food service employees must also be able to perform cashier duties. Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers with purchases, stocking, maintaining the cleanliness of designated area, keeping designated area organized, providing directional information, answering customer questions, and following established procedures.
Food service staff must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift and lift and carry up to 20 pounds. They must be able to work with a computerized point of sale program and to make accurate change. The State Health Department requires that all food service personnel be free of any communicable disease. If you are under 16, you are not permitted to work in food service at Ruby Falls.
Tour guides are responsible for providing tours of the Ruby Falls Cavern, making guests feel welcomed, following established safety procedures and guidelines, operating the elevator as assigned, helping maintain the cleanliness of the facility, and completing additional assigned tasks.
Tour hosts must be able to walk up to five miles during an 8 hour shift. They must be able to speak before a group of 40 strangers and to converse easily with people of all backgrounds.
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendants in the Outside services Team Department are responsible for immediately greeting guests, assisting guests with entering and leaving the parking lot, directing traffic, providing directional information to other attractions, parking cars, keeping the grounds clean, assisting other staff members as requested, enthusiastically describing Ruby Falls services provided and creating a strong presence to deter unlawful activity all in a professional manner.
Parking Lot Attendants must be able to stand for an eight-hour shift and to work in all but the most inclement weather. Parking Lot Attendants must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Interested in working with Santa this Christmas? Ruby Falls is looking for Gemstone Miners to help with our Christmas Underground event! Apply online now using the link below!