Front Desk Closing Manager
Shift: 2:00pm - 10:30pm Thursday - Monday
Brief Job Description:
- Assist customers with purchasing tickets, questions, and/or complaints courteously and efficiently.
- Ensure daily operations of front desk and other areas are running smoothly.
- Monitor, send, and print emails to communicate with front desk, managers, and marketing.
- Serve as Manager on Duty.
- Provide excellent guest service.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures.
- Check-In Groups.
- Participate in managing and overseeing the Front Desk.
- Communicate with Front Desk Coordinator about Front Desk related issues.
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
- Attend to emergencies and properly document for company records.
- Maintain proper etiquette when answering and transferring calls.
- Count Bulk Tickets and Run Reports.
- Complete Front Desk Closing Checklist and Closing sheet daily.
- Secure and Lock Building after closing.
- Ability to work in other positions as needed (tour guide, loader, etc).
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Front Desk or Hospitality experience preferred.
- Available to work evenings, weekend evenings, and holidays.
- Ability to present and maintain a professional image to guests and employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to Ruby Falls' changing needs.
- Complete a MVR - Record must be in compliance with company policies.
- Background Check.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to input and access data in computer, to perform assigned duties with attention to detail and accuracy. Knowledge of computers.
- Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide accurate responses.
- Ability to work and manage with little to no supervision.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding.
- Ability to count and give correct change.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance Policy
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment policy
- Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Below are descriptions of some of the available positions we have at Ruby Falls. Please read through all of the descriptions before clicking Apply Now at the bottom of this page.
Every employee is expected to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests. All positions require the ability to speak English; ability in a foreign language is an asset. A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required if not currently enrolled in high school.
Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers with purchases, stocking, maintaining the cleanliness of designated area, keeping designated area organized, providing directional information, answering customer questions, and following established procedures.
Cashiers must be able to work with a computerized point of sale program. They must be able to make accurate change. They must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift, to lift and carry 10 to 20 pounds, to bend and stoop to restock displays. Cashiers are required to clean and dust shelves, to vacuum the floors and to help with restroom cleaning.
Food service employees are responsible for safely preparing menu items both cooked and uncooked abiding by all Tennessee Department of Health requirements, maintaining cleanliness and organization of all refrigerators and freezers, putting up food orders, using slicing tools, oven, grill and fry baskets, and following established procedures. Food service employees must also be able to perform cashier duties. Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers with purchases, stocking, maintaining the cleanliness of designated area, keeping designated area organized, providing directional information, answering customer questions, and following established procedures.
Food service staff must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift and lift and carry up to 20 pounds. They must be able to work with a computerized point of sale program and to make accurate change. The State Health Department requires that all food service personnel be free of any communicable disease. If you are under 16, you are not permitted to work in food service at Ruby Falls.
Tour guides are responsible for providing tours of the Ruby Falls Cavern, making guests feel welcomed, following established safety procedures and guidelines, operating the elevator as assigned, helping maintain the cleanliness of the facility, and completing additional assigned tasks.
Tour hosts must be able to walk up to five miles during an 8 hour shift. They must be able to speak before a group of 40 strangers and to converse easily with people of all backgrounds.
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendants in the Outside services Team Department are responsible for immediately greeting guests, assisting guests with entering and leaving the parking lot, directing traffic, providing directional information to other attractions, parking cars, keeping the grounds clean, assisting other staff members as requested, enthusiastically describing Ruby Falls services provided and creating a strong presence to deter unlawful activity all in a professional manner.
Parking Lot Attendants must be able to stand for an eight-hour shift and to work in all but the most inclement weather. Parking Lot Attendants must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Interested in working with Santa this Christmas? Ruby Falls is looking for Gemstone Miners to help with our Christmas Underground event! Apply online now using the link below!