Corporate Communications Manager
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a confident presenter
- Experience planning media campaigns
- Ability to develop strong relationships with community and partner organizations and internal team members at all levels
- Strong project management skills with ability to create and implement plans
- The ability to multi-task and work on different projects with simultaneous, overlapping schedules
- Proficiency in computer usage (Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, knowledge of Basecamp is a plus)
- Generate public relations and co-op opportunities to promote the Ruby Falls brand
- Implement internal and external communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for Ruby Falls
- Corporate representative for Ruby Falls at media and community events and industry organizations in partnership with the public relations manager
- Monitor press stories relating to the company, its brand, and the industry to maximize opportunities for positive public relations
- Work with public relations manager to oversee development of press releases and coordination of media events
- On-site liaison for public relations guests on cave tours
- Research award/recognition opportunities and manage completion of applications process
- Work with public relations manager and new media & research manager to develop web and social media content to coordinate with current events and marketing campaigns and ensure consistency across platforms
- Work with public relations manager to set goals for social media marketing, evaluate effectiveness of plan, and communicate results and recommendations to shape future strategies and campaigns
- Oversee updating of event calendars across print and web platforms
- Work with human resources and marketing department to develop and produce recruiting and onboarding materials and communications (videos, social media postings, corporate image)
- Develop initiatives to help build strong intra-departmental communication channels and corporate brand awareness with team members
- Work with operations and human resources departments to develop communication plan for guest interactions
- Develop and write company newsletter
- Write new Crisis Plan
- The ability to frequently stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms
- The ability to lift office products and supplies up to 30 pounds
Education and Other Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field required
- Minimum of 4 years in marketing, communications or related field experience required. Experience in tourism/hospitality field preferred
- Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle and have an acceptable driving record
- Proven success in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Must be willing to travel
- Friendly and upbeat personality
- Exceptional collaboration and team-building skills
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required for events and projects associated with this position
Below are descriptions of some of the available positions we have at Ruby Falls. Please read through all of the descriptions before clicking Apply Now at the bottom of this page.
Every employee is expected to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests. All positions require the ability to speak English; ability in a foreign language is an asset. A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required if not currently enrolled in high school.
Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers with purchases, stocking, maintaining the cleanliness of designated area, keeping designated area organized, providing directional information, answering customer questions, and following established procedures.
Cashiers are expected to provide superior customer service based on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Cashiers must be able to work with a computerized point of sale program and make accurate change. Cashier must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift, lift and carry up to 30 pounds, bend and stoop to restock displays. Cashiers are required to clean and dust shelves, to vacuum the floors and to help with restroom cleaning.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Food service employees are responsible for safely preparing menu items both cooked and uncooked abiding by all Tennessee Department of Health requirements, maintaining cleanliness and organization of all refrigerators and freezers, putting up food orders, using slicing tools, oven, grill and fry baskets, and following established procedures. Food service employees must also be able to perform cashier duties. Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers with purchases, stocking, maintaining the cleanliness of designated area, keeping designated area organized, providing directional information, answering customer questions, and following established procedures.
Food service team are expected to provide superior customer service based on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Food service staff must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift and lift and carry up to 30 pounds. Must be able to work with a computerized point of sale program and make accurate change.
Must be at least 16 years old. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Tour guides are responsible for providing tours of the Ruby Falls Cavern, making guests feel welcomed, following established safety procedures and guidelines, operating the elevator as assigned, helping maintain the cleanliness of the facility, and completing additional assigned tasks.
Tour Guides are expected to provide superior customer service based on on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Tour hosts must be able to walk up to five miles during an 8 hour shift. Must be able to speak in front of a group of 40 strangers, speak English, and effectively communicate with people of all backgrounds and ages. Tour guides must have clarity of speech.
Must be available weekends and holidays.
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendants in the Outside services Team Department are responsible for immediately greeting guests, assisting guests with entering and leaving the parking lot, directing traffic, providing directional information to other attractions, parking cars, keeping the grounds clean, assisting other staff members as requested, enthusiastically describing Ruby Falls services provided and creating a strong presence to deter unlawful activity all in a professional manner.
Parking Lot Attendants are expected to provide superior customer service based on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Parking Lot Attendants must be able to stand for an eight-hour shift and to work in all but the most inclement weather. Parking Lot Attendants must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Must be available to work weekends and holidays.