>> Creative Fabricator & Design Lead
The primary function of this position is to design, build, and supervise during a variety of special events at Ruby Falls.
- Word processing and typing skills
- Effective communication skills including verbal, listening, reading, and writing
- Problem solving and reasoning skills
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills based on the standards of Southern Highland Attractions
- The ability to multi-task and work on different projects with simultaneous, overlapping schedules.
- Basic computer skills / technical savvy (including Microsoft Office Suites / Adobe Suites, and internet)
- Attentiveness to detail
- The ability to work with little or no supervision
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience in scene painting, airbrush, casting, molding making and sculpture.
- The ability to visually translate story into environment.
- Collaborative working style.
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch; use hands to lift 75 pounds.
Tasks and Duties
- Serve as the go to leader for Ruby Falls' Haunted Cavern.
- Recruit, Interview, train and supervise seasonal Haunted Cavern staff.
- Create story lines for special events.
- Build and coordinate sets for special events.
- Represent Ruby Falls Special Events in public/media visits.
- Create themed environments as needed
- Set up and tear down builds for special events
- Verify materials, costumes and other necessities for events.
Additional Tasks and Duties
- Fabricating and designing of various props and molds that include sculpting (wood, plastic, clay, etc), woodwork and millwork.
- Maintain inventory of materials, props, costumes, etc
- Perform mechanical repair and carpentry skills that include the use of wrenches, screw drivers, and various power tools for build, repair and/or modification
- Understanding and actively participates in environmental, health and safety responsibilities by following Ruby Falls policies and procedures.
- Produce hand sketches, illustrations, Photoshop designs, or PowerPoint presentations that communicate design intent to management and team members.
- Provide onsite support and supervision during Haunted Cavern and other events.
- Restoration of various cave projects.
- Manage working studio
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Arts, Production or related field preferred OR 5 years experience in related field.
- Experience with basic carpentry skills and familiarity with hand tools.
- Basic construction skills
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Flexible schedule to work as needed during busy season.
>> Front Desk/Loader
Brief Job Description
- Assists customers with purchasing tickets, refunds, questions, and/or complaints courteously and efficiently
- Ensure daily operations of front desk and other areas are running smoothly
- Provide excellent customer service following the SHA standards
- Check-In Groups
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures
- Call and Load Tours
- Monitor tours in the cave
- Provide leadership and support to front line staff
- Understand schedule, schedule needs and cover shifts as needed
- Work as a Tour Guide as needed
- Other duties as assigned or needed
- High-school diploma or equivalent required
- Front Desk or Hospitality experience, preferred
- Ability to present and maintain a professional image to guests and employees
- Available to work evenings, weekend evenings and holidays as needed
- Ability to adapt and adjust to Ruby Falls' changing needs
- Background check required
- Must be trained or willing to complete Tour Guide training program.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to input and access data in computer, to perform assigned duties with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide accurate responses.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to count, give correct change, keep cash bags and drawers organized.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
- The ability to work with a team
- Problem-solving skills
Below are descriptions of some of the available positions we have at Ruby Falls. Please read through all of the descriptions before clicking Apply Now at the bottom of this page.
Every employee is expected to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests. All positions require the ability to speak English; ability in a foreign language is an asset. A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required if not currently enrolled in high school.
Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers with purchases, stocking, maintaining the cleanliness of designated area, keeping designated area organized, providing directional information, answering customer questions, and following established procedures.
Cashiers are expected to provide superior customer service based on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Cashiers must be able to work with a computerized point of sale program and make accurate change. Cashier must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift, lift and carry up to 30 pounds, bend and stoop to restock displays. Cashiers are required to clean and dust shelves, to vacuum the floors and to help with restroom cleaning.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Food service employees are responsible for safely preparing menu items both cooked and uncooked abiding by all Tennessee Department of Health requirements, maintaining cleanliness and organization of all refrigerators and freezers, putting up food orders, using slicing tools, oven, grill and fry baskets, and following established procedures. Food service employees must also be able to perform cashier duties. Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers with purchases, stocking, maintaining the cleanliness of designated area, keeping designated area organized, providing directional information, answering customer questions, and following established procedures.
Food service team are expected to provide superior customer service based on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Food service staff must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift and lift and carry up to 30 pounds. Must be able to work with a computerized point of sale program and make accurate change.
Must be at least 16 years old. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Tour guides are responsible for providing tours of the Ruby Falls Cavern, making guests feel welcomed, following established safety procedures and guidelines, operating the elevator as assigned, helping maintain the cleanliness of the facility, and completing additional assigned tasks.
Tour Guides are expected to provide superior customer service based on on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Tour hosts must be able to walk up to five miles during an 8 hour shift. Must be able to speak in front of a group of 40 strangers, speak English, and effectively communicate with people of all backgrounds and ages. Tour guides must have clarity of speech.
Must be available weekends and holidays.
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendants in the Outside services Team Department are responsible for immediately greeting guests, assisting guests with entering and leaving the parking lot, directing traffic, providing directional information to other attractions, parking cars, keeping the grounds clean, assisting other staff members as requested, enthusiastically describing Ruby Falls services provided and creating a strong presence to deter unlawful activity all in a professional manner.
Parking Lot Attendants are expected to provide superior customer service based on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Parking Lot Attendants must be able to stand for an eight-hour shift and to work in all but the most inclement weather. Parking Lot Attendants must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Now Hiring Monsters for the 2016 Haunted Cavern - Apply online at HauntedCavern.com.