>>Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies and plans that meet Ruby Falls' expectations and goals. The Director of Marketing is also responsible for providing vision, direction, and strategic leadership for all aspects of marketing, corporate communication and advertising at Ruby Falls.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills with the ability to clearly present ideas for comprehension - written and verbal
- Strong decision-making skills
- Exceptional ability to manage, inspire, and lead staff
- Strong project management skills and ability to create and implement plans
- Proficiency in computer usage (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, email, internet, Basecamp and a range of marketing and design software
- The ability to multi-task and work on different projects with simultaneous, overlapping schedules
- Develop, propose and purchase marketing and advertising initiatives for Ruby Falls including but not limited to: Hotel Partners, Billboards, Magazines, Newspaper Ads, Social Media, Local and National organizations. Work with R&R Marketing team to assign and deliver planned content across all media.
- Develop and execute marketing plans
- Knowledge of latest trends, research, analytics and best practices
- Working closely with our Public Relations Initiatives and teams; serve as a spokesperson during select media interviews/onsite visits, award ceremonies and other events.
- Help implement, manage, and monitor new marketing campaigns
- Attend staff meetings and work closely with management to coordinate the development of marketing communications
- Visualize concepts and thinks creatively
- Assure the compliance of all marketing and communication activities with regulatory requirements
- Be involved in the media and public relations process/inquiries in conjunction with the Public Relations team.
- Understanding of all media schedules, projects and purchases
- Submit annual marketing and advertising plans, goals and budgets to the President
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria
- Attend various company events, award ceremonies and other special functions.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Responsible for comprehensive guest and public communication plan during all construction phases during expansion and renovation process
- Additional duties to be assigned, as needed
- The ability to frequently stand; walk; use hands and finger, and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 30 pounds.
Educational and Other Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required. MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing, communications or related field experience is required. Experience in tourism/hospitality field, preferred.
- Must be licensed to drive a motor vehicle and have an acceptable driving record.
- Proven success in Marketing or related field.
- Must be willing to travel (40% of Travel)
- Well-versed in Website and Business Analytics with background in Market Research, preferred.
- Friendly and upbeat personality
- Exceptional collaboration and team building skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance Policy
- Supplemental Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid Time Off
To apply for this position, please fill out the employment application in addition to sending a resume to email@example.com OR Fax to 423-821-6705 Attn: Human Resources.
>> Front Desk/Loader
Brief Job Description
- Assists customers with purchasing tickets, refunds, questions, and/or complaints courteously and efficiently
- Ensure daily operations of front desk and other areas are running smoothly
- Provide excellent customer service following the SHA standards
- Check-In Groups
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures
- Call and Load Tours
- Monitor tours in the cave
- Provide leadership and support to front line staff
- Understand schedule, schedule needs and cover shifts as needed
- Work as a Tour Guide as needed
- Other duties as assigned or needed
- High-school diploma or equivalent required
- Front Desk or Hospitality experience, preferred
- Ability to present and maintain a professional image to guests and employees
- Available to work evenings, weekend evenings and holidays as needed
- Ability to adapt and adjust to Ruby Falls' changing needs
- Background check required
- Must be trained or willing to complete Tour Guide training program.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to input and access data in computer, to perform assigned duties with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to understand guest inquiries and provide accurate responses.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to count, give correct change, keep cash bags and drawers organized.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
- The ability to work with a team
- Problem-solving skills
Below are descriptions of some of the available positions we have at Ruby Falls. Please read through all of the descriptions before clicking Apply Now at the bottom of this page.
Every employee is expected to provide exceptional customer service to all of our guests. All positions require the ability to speak English; ability in a foreign language is an asset. A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required if not currently enrolled in high school.
Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers with purchases, stocking, maintaining the cleanliness of designated area, keeping designated area organized, providing directional information, answering customer questions, and following established procedures.
Cashiers are expected to provide superior customer service based on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Cashiers must be able to work with a computerized point of sale program and make accurate change. Cashier must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift, lift and carry up to 30 pounds, bend and stoop to restock displays. Cashiers are required to clean and dust shelves, to vacuum the floors and to help with restroom cleaning.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Food service employees are responsible for safely preparing menu items both cooked and uncooked abiding by all Tennessee Department of Health requirements, maintaining cleanliness and organization of all refrigerators and freezers, putting up food orders, using slicing tools, oven, grill and fry baskets, and following established procedures. Food service employees must also be able to perform cashier duties. Cashiers are responsible for assisting customers with purchases, stocking, maintaining the cleanliness of designated area, keeping designated area organized, providing directional information, answering customer questions, and following established procedures.
Food service team are expected to provide superior customer service based on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Food service staff must be able to stand for an 8 hour shift and lift and carry up to 30 pounds. Must be able to work with a computerized point of sale program and make accurate change.
Must be at least 16 years old. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Tour guides are responsible for providing tours of the Ruby Falls Cavern, making guests feel welcomed, following established safety procedures and guidelines, operating the elevator as assigned, helping maintain the cleanliness of the facility, and completing additional assigned tasks.
Tour Guides are expected to provide superior customer service based on on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Tour hosts must be able to walk up to five miles during an 8 hour shift. Must be able to speak in front of a group of 40 strangers, speak English, and effectively communicate with people of all backgrounds and ages. Tour guides must have clarity of speech.
Must be available weekends and holidays.
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendants in the Outside services Team Department are responsible for immediately greeting guests, assisting guests with entering and leaving the parking lot, directing traffic, providing directional information to other attractions, parking cars, keeping the grounds clean, assisting other staff members as requested, enthusiastically describing Ruby Falls services provided and creating a strong presence to deter unlawful activity all in a professional manner.
Parking Lot Attendants are expected to provide superior customer service based on Ruby Falls' standards and keep a positive attitude.
Parking Lot Attendants must be able to stand for an eight-hour shift and to work in all but the most inclement weather. Parking Lot Attendants must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Ruby Falls is looking for friendly Gemstone Miners to help in our Christmas Underground adventure this season. We are looking for happy people to interact and entertain with children and adults by means of telling stories and doing small activities. No experience necessary - we will train!